That means it’s a flip of the coin whether or not you’ll be one of them. That is if you’re not one of the Americans who first goes down with a heart attack – which happens around twice every minute of every day.
Too many of us are complacent about those odds, believing not much can be done to change what we collectively believe is an inevitable fact of American life. Cancer, we’re told, is random, it’s genetic, and sooner or later, it’s going to get us.
But the truth is, a cancer diagnosis doesn’t have to be a 50/50 proposition. In fact, what if you could up the odds to nearly 100% – a 100% chance you WON’T end up with cancer?
Modern medicine has been claiming for years that a cure is around the corner. But the best cure is prevention. And prevention requires looking at the toxins in our environment, food ,and home and mitigating their effects.
Instead of embracing pink ribbons and joining the ‘race for the cure’, perhaps we’d all be better served by a race to stop cancer in its tracks before it has a chance to grab hold of us.
Certainly, much of the cancer we see is due to environmental toxins and hazards that are difficult to combat, depending on where we’ve lived and worked. But the majority of cancers we see developing are heavily influenced by lifestyle choices, such as smoking and, yes, especially diet.
It might seem at first glance that it’s not possible. But consider the standard American diet: lots of dairy and animal products, foods high in starches, oils and sugars, massive amounts of processed foods with artificial ingredients, and very few fresh vegetables, fruits, and water. With a diet like this, it’s very hard for the body to get the optimal nutrition it needs to stay well. Of course, this includes making conditions ripe for cancer to develop.
Preventing cancer requires increasing the beneficial antioxidants and phytochemicals and cutting down or completely eliminating the toxins. To really protect yourself, these steps are simple and require no drugs!
- Drink lots of clean, pure water to flush toxins from the body
- Eat more vegetables and fruits, especially raw and organic (to ensure they’ve not been treated with pesticides and chemicals)
- Eat cruciferous veggies, onions, and mushrooms in particular – evidence is growing to suggest that these vegetables have powerful anti-cancer properties:
- Incorporate avocados, beans, raw nuts, and seeds
- Drastically cut down your consumption of meats, dairy, refined flours, alcohol, and sugar. Completely eliminate processed meats, fast foods, and all other processed fake foods.
- Remove wi-fi from your bedroom.
- Ditch toxic skin care.
- Remember to exercise which increases not only circulation, bone health and brain power, but decreases stress!
The evidence not only shows that a truly healthy diet prevents cancer, but it’s also been shown to help survivors regain their health and thrive!
So, sure… we can race for the cure all we want. But it we put more effort into a push for prevention, there wouldn’t be so much of a need for a race, as the cure would be within our power.
Please read The China Study below:
Connie is a Certified Integrative Holistic Health Coach -A Mind/Body Coach- Connie takes a natural and holistic, common sense approach to rebuilding well-being from the ground up. Make your health and wellbeing your priority. Need help? Connect with me today.