Ever wonder about being moody? Can’t seem to shake it?
When our liver is toxic and hot, we can have severe mood swings. Have you seen road rage on the TV news lately? What do you think can cause this? Is it possible that many people are out of control because they are toxic?
There are many signs of liver stress if the liver cannot eliminate toxins properly.
1-What causes a liver to stay lethargic, toxic and moody is an overabundance of OTC’s, *alcohol, *caffeine, environmental toxins, chemicals we ingest, trans-fats, wheat and sugar. Add in nutrient deficiencies from eating low-quality foods and you have a toxic soup. Some warning signs of a toxic liver are constipation, a fatty liver, bad breath, IBS, toxic skin, bloating and more.
*Caffeine and Alcohol can spur mood swings.
2-Our liver is the organ connected to the emotion, Anger. It also assist the colon in digestion. The state or health of the liver is actually fundamental to how we feel this emotion, which could directly shape how we act or react to frustrations in life..
3-An optimal functioning liver removes toxins effortlessly, and controls cholesterol. The liver dumps toxins it filters into the colon via the bile. If the colon is clogged or sluggish – toxins released by the liver will be reabsorbed and re-circulated via the blood.
We can reduce the load of toxins that the liver must cope with on a daily basis by avoiding all processed foods, all food additives, trans-fats, alcohol, sugar, *HFCS, and wheat.
- Blood Sugar. If we have a tendency to have an acid pH we also have a tendency to have a toxic liver and cholesterol issues. Ask for help if you suffer from alcohol and sugar addictions.
- Serotonin levels. There is more serotonin in our gut than our brain, eat whole foods from mother Natures Table. Try to get get 15 min of sunshine daily to help improve serotonin levels.
- Exercise 20 minutes/day or more: Exercise helps to improve mood and is important to liver function. Regular exercise goes a long way in alleviating depression, and controlling mood swings. Improve your mood while improving blood flow and oxygen to your organs.
- Juice. Raw homemade juices are able to simulate the function of the bowels, liver and kidneys which increase the breakdown and elimination of toxic chemicals and waste products from the body.
- Water. Keep hydrated, and connect with friends and family.
Artichokes and Garbanzo Bean recipe for the liver.
Artichokes and chickpeas roasted with fresh garlic, fresh shallots, and lightly coated with fresh lemon juice and organic olive oil.
2 cans organic chickpeas 15 oz each-drained
One 12 oz can artichokes in water -drained
1/2 bulb of fresh garlic- chopped
2 large organic shallots -sliced
One 3oz jar organic sun dried tomatoes
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
6 sprigs fresh parsley
1/8 to 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
3 tablespoons organic olive oil
dash celtic sea salt
Saute sliced shallots, lemon juice, sundried tomatoes and chopped garlic and olive oil in stainless steel pan on top of stove. Add chopped artichokes and chickpeas. When brown, remove. Mix all ingredients together.
Good-mood foods include: Organic kale, Broccoli, artichokes, hemp protein, bananas, Garbanzo beans, lentils and/or wild salmon.
1-Trans fats linked to aggression: http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0032175