We all have candida but when our system has inflammation and disruption, Candida grows out of control. The most common culprit in an outbreak of Candida is antibiotics. Mercury significantly weakens the immune system and can be the cause of many health problems including Candida. (4)
Candida is a fungus and feeds on sugar. Candida could be responsible for those annoying cravings for carbs.. This means bagels, cereal, pizza, donuts, cafe lattes, sodas, energy drinks and more. Candida loves toxic and processed foods.
Symptoms of Candida overgrowth include fatigue, recurring infections, depression, mental fog, headaches, weight gain, fungal infectons, abdominal pain, muscle tension and pain, joint pain or swelling, heartburn, gum disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and more.
If you live on pasta and pizza it’s time to do some house cleaning. Only you can increase your awareness of all toxins you put in and on your body. These include inflammatory foods such as sugars, alcohol, caffeine, dairy and wheat.
Candida adversely affects our metabolism and interferes with many hormones, nutrients, and the body’s ability to burn fat and Mucosal Changes occur. (1)
If you have made a New Year’s Resolution~get Candida out first- as it can sabotage any weight loss efforts.
An overgrowth of Candida is a causative factor to hormone imbalances for both men and women.
Candida upsets the balance of progesterone in the body.
Candida may be the cause of bad breath and inflammation in the oral cavity.
Candida is an endocrine disruptor.
The body reduces its normal output of estrogen thinking there is too much, when in fact there is far too little. End result, the estrogen is deficient. Getting Candida under control can help balance both hormones and good gut bacteria.
What you can do
- Avoid fake foods such as sugary foods, gluten related products and poor choices of proteins.
- Avoid chlorine and fluoride in city water, toothpaste, sodas and bottled juices.
- Look at your exposure to endocrine disruptors and foods habits high in copper such as wheat and chocolate.
- Address dioxins. More than 90% of human exposure to dioxins are through the food supply, pork, meat, dairy products and shellfish.
- Add healthy spices such as ginger root and turmeric to your meal.
- Add fermented foods and probiotics to your day.
- Eat Plants First~Add King Kale to your meals for reducing inflammation..
2-Turmeric oil and anti fungal activity http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8824742
3-Candida causes http://www.nationalcandidacenter.com/candida-causes/