Did you know that certain foods you eat wreak havoc not just with your health, but with how youthful you look and how well you age in every category?
The old saying ‘you are what you eat” is very true. Unhealthy eating habits do worse than make you fat and tired; they age you from the inside out. Research has told us obesity will age us much faster than anything else. (1) Fact is, being obese also increases your risk for cancer.
It is nutrition, not your chronological age that determines how youthful you look and feel.
1) Sugar not only facilitates easy weight gain, but it also creates wrinkles, sagging skin, and ill health. A process called ‘glycation’ takes place with the introduction of sugars into the body, and this chemical reaction literally renders your bodily tissues inflexible or damaged. Which cells are most vulnerable? Collagen and elastin which keep our skin firm and youthful. Once damaged, their depletion leads to wrinkles and sagging skin.
2) Trans- fats exert an inflammatory effect within the body that creates a stiffening of the arteries and constricted blood vessels. This can that lead to less blood flow to the skin and much more serious side effects, leaving skin older, stiffer, and more wrinkled. Trans fats can be found in pie crust, deep fried foods, margarine, canned frosting, non-dairy creamers, and much more. The average human lifespan can be cut short with AGEs in the diet from fried and processed, and junk foods. There is mounting evidence that Advanced Glycation End Products caused by processed foods may be implicated in the development of the chronic degenerative diseases associated with aging, such as Cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and Diabetes.
3) Alcohol can speed up aging in the form of premature wrinkles, loss of collagen, elasticity, redness, dehydration, and puffiness. Nutrient depletion, liver inflammation, and dehydration are the culprits when too much alcohol is ingested.
4) Refined Carbohydrates (wheat & white flour) trigger an excess of insulin. Just like sugar that creates a caramelization effect inside of your body, refined carbs are sugars in disguise. Once these carbs hit the blood stream, they behave just like sugar. Signs can range from brain fog to digestion issues. Too much insulin prevents fat loss, and slows or prevents lean muscle growth. In addition, excess insulin also leaves you hungry 30 minutes after eating. Brain decay is related to insulin resistance, sugar and hormonal imbalances. Pizza and pasta is not the answer to a healthy brain, healthy skin, or weight loss.
5) Low-Fat Foods are everywhere you look. You see the result of decades worth of bad advertising that has left the majority of people fat and unknowingly speeding up the aging process. Low fats contain sugar and chemicals. Good fats do not make you fat. In fact, good fats promote weight loss and youthfulness. A diet rich in healthy fats plays a crucial role in how skin ages by reducing inflammation, encouraging hair growth, and building strong cell membranes that reduce water loss in skin cells and much more.
Sources of healthy fats include organic raw walnuts, organic raw almonds, wild salmon, avocados, coconut oil, and more.
6)Table salt/refined salt is no longer in it’s natural state. Dirty Iodized salt in our diet from cheap restaurants, chips, crackers, pretzels, pastry, bagels, cereals, canned foods, and Bovine growth hormone cheeses, can retain fluid in the body, creating a puffy look. Sugar can be an additive to salt in order to stabilize iodine and as anti-caking chemical. Aluminum silicate can be added to keep salt powdery and porous. To further prevent any moisture from being reabsorbed, bleach is added to the final formula. This may paradoxically cause cells to shrink, thus creating dehydration. The results, thirst and older looking wrinkled skin.
7) White Conventional Potatoes seem to be a culprit for weight gain and diabetes. Survey’s state- “potato chips and french fries are the highest consumed vegetable.” People with an increased consumption of french fries, baked or mashed potatoes gained more weight over time—an extra 3.4 and 1.3 pounds every four years. (2)
8) Pesticides-Most of us have no concept as to the amount and the variety of chemicals sprayed onto the produce we eat. To shed light on this important topic, André Leu wrote the book, “The Myths of Safe Pesticides.”
“There is a myth that chemicals when present in small amounts – are not dangerous. A misconception is we can just ignore the fact that we are exposed to pesticides. For allowable daily intake (ADI) not one chemical is tested for safety. Some chemicals become more hazardous to your health when consumed in smaller amounts.”
Endocrine disruptors fall into this category. Choose organic produce for you and your family. Your health is worth it.
9) What is your skin eating? Chemicals such as parabens and propylene glycol in skin care can play a causative role in aging, weight gain, and cancer. The skin can absorb “Endocrine Disruptors” within 15 seconds. They mimic your body’s own hormones. Add organic skin, hair and body products to your bathroom must haves!
10) What depletes your vitamin D levels also increases aging? In 2011, researchers presented findings at a meeting of the Endocrine Society in Boston that revealed that women in their 40’s and 50’s who have extensive skin wrinkling are much more likely than their peers to have low bone mass. Caffeine and sodas have been shown to negatively affect the efficiency in which the body metabolizes Vitamin D, while decreasing bone mass. (3) Additionally, medications can deplete Vitamin D levels such as statins and antidepressants.
Reducing or avoiding your need for toxic products will be your key to a more energetic, vibrant, and youthful you. You’ve heard this before- Restrictive Diets Don’t Work. A “New You,” implementing new healthy habits does. True Health is obtainable from the inside out.
Connie Rogers an Integrative Nutritional Health Coach, Reiki Master and 38 year Certified Cosmetologist, ACIM Member, Radio Show Host, Published Author, Expert in toxins that can disrupt our skin, metabolic and endocrine health and owner of www.bitesizepieces.net and blogger at Natural News:http://naturalnewsblogs.com/6-preventable-reasons-premature-aging/
Copyright@2015-2022ConnieRogers Ask for permission to repost
Book an appointment with me: https://iagcowqpviwnahcuqp.10to8.com
Obesity/ aging- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18982010/ see alsohttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17878382/
Potatoes- Mozaffarian, D., et al., Changes in diet and lifestyle and long-term weight gain in women and men. N Engl J Med, 2011. 364(25): p. 2392-404.